Wednesday, September 4

At least I can read about knitting


About a week ago I began having some pain in my right thumb and wrist.  At first, I didn't pay much attention to it, but then it sort of got my attention...and not in a good way!  Long story short, it appears I have some tendonitis on the thumb side.  And since I ignored it at first, it got fairly painful.  It's most likely a repetitive strain injury...bummer.

So I'm in a thumb/wrist brace for at least 2 weeks, basically resting my hand as much as possible.  (Did I mention it's my right hand, and I'm right handed?)  This means no:  knitting, spinning, sewing, embroidery, combing llama, sketching, painting, or weaving....!

I didn't realize how hard it would be to not knit at all...for days.  I miss it.  Actually, it's hard to not be doing any handwork, which is what I'm usually doing during any free moments.

So, in lieu of actual knitting, I'm going to read about knitting.  I started reading June Hemmons Hiatt's classic The Principles of Knitting.  I'm on Chapter 3- Casting On.

It should hold me for a while, after all, it's a 4 1/2 pound book.

Have you ever suffered a knitting injury?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...