Friday, June 24

Summer Sewing


I've been in a bit of a sewing mood lately, and for once, I've actually acted on it.

I'm working on a pile of five inch squares in, of course, neutral colors. I cut up a bunch of squares and then just mix and match randomly to chain piece them. I'm planning a new bed quilt for our guest room, but I also plan to make a lap throw and maybe a new cover for Riley's dog bed. We shall see if I get sick of looking at these squares before then.

If I can keep the sewing mojo going, I'd also like to make some new pillow shams for our bedroom, as well as some potholders for the kitchen. Why can you never find potholders in nice neutral colors? And why do they always seem to come with those oven mitts these days...I don't like those. I guess the answer to those problems is to make my own:)



3 comments:

  1. I love the muted tones of your squares. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the muted tones of your squares. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Nicky:) I've really been enjoying the neutral colors lately!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...