Friday, October 31

Acquisitions

I go through spurts where I do a lot of shopping (and buying) and spurts where I buy almost nothing.
Right now, I seem to be in a "buying" spurt!

First up is a lovely skein of Celeste silk yarn from Juno Fibre Arts, who is sadly closing up shop. I've admired her colors for a while now, and so I thought I better grab a skein before they are all gone. And it's a beauty:



I'm also doing some testing of new yarn for October House. I am looking for a worsted weight yarn base to add to the lineup, and this is one of the candidates. It's a beautiful merino/silk blend and I'm excited to see how it knits up:



We also recently bought a Crazy Monkey double skeinwinder for October House. I have yet to skein a single thing on it...my husband has taken over the skeining and re-skeining job, and let me tell you, he loves this thing:


I may never pry it out of his hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...