Friday, July 20

Once More with Feeling




Another bag...new colors.  Well, actually, the same bag as this pattern.  But different approach.

This one is a little more involved, since I'm strip-piecing the main body front and back pieces, and adding some embroidery and quilting stitches to them.


But, if things turn out like I have it pictured in my mind...I will fall madly in love with this bag.
It's got a whole Sister Golden Hair vibe that I'm loving right now.  And talk about fun to stitch!  I just let myself go wild and free with the embellishments on this bag.  No marking, no measuring, just stitch whatever I want.

The strip-pieced main body pieces, strap pieces , and lining material at the bottom
I'm adding a few more pockets on the outside of the bag, as well as 2 zippered and several divided pockets on the inside.  I just need to get it done before summer is over!

In crochet news, I'm making slow progress on the hexagon blanket.  Slow...but it progresses:


I did keep my promise to myself to sew the motifs together as I go.

What are your summer projects?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...