Thursday, September 1

Old Books: Cookbooks


I love old books.  And some of my favorite old books are cookbooks, since I love to cook.  I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you.

Down Home by John Hadamuscin is probably in the top 5 list of my favorite all-time cookbooks.  This is one of those books where you could just crawl in and start living in it.  The menus are good, real food.  The photography is great, and it's full of tips and homey little stories.  And so far, I haven't made a bad recipe from it.  And I've made quite a few.  I'd love to cook my way through this book sometime.

In Pursuit of Flavor by Edna Lewis.  This was a happy find at the library's book sale room for a dollar!  Great common sense, simple and old-fashioned cooking that also happens to be delicious and healthy.

Julia Child's Menu Cookbook by Julia Child.  Seriously, does anybody not like Julia Child.  I mean, the woman could cook!  I remember watching the reruns of this series on television (back when we had it) and loving it.  My go to recipe for french onion soup came from here.  And she even taught me how to make puff pastry.
Great for learning classic techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...