Thursday, May 3

may days


I got the first whiff of honeysuckle today. Near the entrance to the park, there was some blooming...smelling sweet and just like summer.

We'll have tons of it blooming in the woods behind (and in front) of our house in the next week or so, and the entire neighborhood will smell heavenly! Of course, that usually means the heat and humidity are not far behind, but what are you gonna do?

I'm doing some projects around the house, as well as working on some new cross stitch designs. I hate to admit it, but the warmer weather is making me want to put my current knitting project aside. It's a sweater, and having it on my lap isn't exactly cool. Maybe I'll switch to a sock or some sadly neglected blanket squares:


I've got 40 or so squares done, but I think I need 100 or more for a lap size blanket. I tend to work on them in spurts, instead of trying to do one or two a week. Maybe that would be a better approach. I'll have to give that some thought.

There's also the quilt project, which is coming right along. Lots and lots of "pancakes" for a cathedral windows quilt:


I had hoped to have this done by now, but as you see...not done. It's at the top of the list of things to finish, so hopefully, I'll press on (ha!) and get it completed by the end of this month.

Perfect projects for warm spring days!

2 comments:

  1. Note to self: see if honeysuckle is smelling great yet! I haven't been in the back yard to check it this week but maybe it is as lovely as yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most of it around here isn't blooming yet, just that one patch! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...