Wednesday, September 13

works in progress


I'm knitting away on my Hollows Shawl, and it should be done sometime in the next week.  I've loved knitting every stitch of this project. The yarn is yummy, if I say so myself, and the pattern is an easy knit.

I'm going to end up with a sizeable shawl, since I'm knitting mine in DK weight yarn, while the pattern calls for fingering weight. I was surprised to look back and see that this is the heaviest weight shawl I've knit. I've done lots of laceweight and fingering weight shawls, but not one in Sport, DK or Worsted. I can definitely see the attraction in using a heavier weight yarn...this won't be my last.

I can hardly wait for cold weather, so I can snuggle up in it!


I'm also working away on my Cloud Burst Girl Cardigan. After putting is aside for most of the summer, I picked it up a couple of weeks ago and finished the body. Now I'm slowly knitting the seed stitch sleeves.  I love how seed stitch looks, but my right arm doesn't love how it feels, so I can only do a few rows per day and keep my arm happy.



But, it keeps slowly growing, so hopefully it'll be done by the end of the month. Just in time for sweater weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...