Monday, August 1

Slow Summer Knitting


Knitting is such a versatile craft, I love that about it. Even though this has been one of the hottest summers I can remember, I can still enjoy knitting with wool. Even in this heat.

I cast on for the Hitofude Cardigan a couple of weeks ago, and I'm really enjoying the knitting. I chose a cool, watery and aged shade of blue in Sojourn Sock. It's called Reverie, and I love it.


I'm almost always on the tail end of knitting any popular or "viral" knitting patterns. I don't know what it is, but if everyone is knitting something, I tend to not want to knit it. Even if I think the pattern is pretty. But in this case, I really wanted to make a season spanning lace cardigan, and it just fit the bill.

And now I see why everyone was knitting it...it's fun, and pretty. And kind of addictive. Go figure:)


I finally cast on my second Skimmer Sock.


Not sure why these didn't fly off the needles, the first one was quick and easy. And it fits great. I actually need several pairs of these, since I wear a lot of ballet flats. But, I don't seem to have my usual sock knitting mojo, which is very unusual for me. I almost always have at least one pair of socks on the needles. And they tend to be my go-to project when I want mindless or easy knitting.

But right now, the lace has all my attention:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...