Wednesday, August 26

Sweater knitting

I have cast on an actual sweater project for myself! This is Wichita by Bonnie Sennott, and it is moving right along. The yarn is my own Linden DK in the Nightfall colorway.


I'm in the middle of the waist increases right now. This is actually a vest, and I think I'll get a lot of wear out of it once it's finished. The weather around here can be wildly unpredictable, even in the middle of winter.

I've been in a real sweater mood lately (now that my knitting mojo has kicked back on) and have been cruising around Ravelry lining up a few sweater projects for the next year. Here's a sampling of what I'm planning and thinking about:


1. Harvest Moon - I've had this pattern for a while now, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use my frogged Valley Yarns Northfield yarn for this. It's a nice rich, red tweed and I think it'll look great.

2. Shadow - This is just such a beautiful sweater. I've been looking at it since it came out. I know it would be a slow project, but I think it would be a timeless sweater.

3. Karpen (The Carp) - I've wanted to knit this sweater for years. I have the book, Japanese Inspired Knits, and I really like several of the projects in it. This would be another slow project, but I still love it.

4. Party Mix - I'm planning to knit this out of handspun, so it would be my first handspun sweater. I still need to spin the yarn for the sleeves, but I've got the body yarn done. I think this one would be a quick knit.

5. Pullover Flair - I've had my eye on this one for a while now, too. It's in an old IK and I originally noticed it as a replacement to a worn-out brown turtleneck sweater I had. I wore that thing to death!
I would taper the sleeves, and it would probably be brown:)

6. Comet - I noticed this sweater on the back page of an Interweave Knits issue, and immediately fell for it. It just seems like the perfect fall sweater to wear with jeans. I'm not sure what yarn I would use, but I'm pondering. 


I know me, and there's no way I'll actually knit all of these, but I'd feel really good if I could get 2 or 3 sweaters done in the next 12 months:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...