Tuesday, September 30

October House Fiber Arts - One Year Anniversary



Well, October 2014 is just one day away. In my mind, that is cause enough for celebration. But this year, it also marks the one year anniversary of the start of October House Fiber Arts.

The 24th of October, to be precise. It has been a great year full of wonderful things and I feel like celebrating! I've got several things lined up to share in the month-long celebration:

-Every order shipped in October will include a special anniversary gift from me to you, to say THANK YOU!

-Beginning October 1st, newsletter subscribers get 14% off any order over $10 from the shop.

-I'll be hosting a giveaway in the Ravelry Group. I'm cooking up a nice prize package for one lucky winner. You must be a member of the October House Fiber Arts Ravelry Group to win, so head on over and join us. I'll be starting a specific thread for the giveaway on October 1st.

-October House Fiber Club members will be receiving a special thank you gift with their October fiber club shipment.

-And, I'll be highlighting some of the wonderful things that have happened for October House Fiber Arts since last year on the blog...

And I'll start with a re-cap of the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza weekend before last. I mentioned this was my first time vending at a fiber festival, but I've attended this event several times. Even in 2013 during the famous "Ice Extravaganza." Prior to this year, it was held in December. And in 2013, we got socked with a big ice storm the same weekend at the festival, which cut the attendance a lot.

So, it was moved to September, and that was a good move. This year's crowd seemed so relaxed and friendly. Everyone seemed to be in a great mood and there was a nice feeling of community around the whole event. Lots of great classes, yarn and knitting...what more could you want?

My booth got lots of compliments, and I was really flattered by everyone's feedback and encouragement.


The Yarn Harlot was the featured speaker, and she was brilliant...and brilliantly funny. I swear I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

I'm already excited for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...