Friday, August 17

The Best Way to Clean Your Skin


The oil cleansing method.  Yep, and I have oily skin.  I've been cleaning my face this way for almost a year and my skin hasn't looked this good in years.  It's simple, it's easy and it's natural.  I know it sounds funny if you haven't tried it.  I mean, wouldn't it just make your skin greasy and oilier?  But no, it doesn't.

I've found several articles and websites that give good information about it and explain the science better than I could:
This website gives a good explanation of how it works and how to use the method.
Crunchy Betty gives a good overview of the whole topic.
And at Keeper of the Home, Stephanie explains how she does it in a video.

My recipe for my oil cleanser is:
Organic Caster Oil
Organic Sweet Almond Oil
Organic Essential Oils in favorite scents

I use a little 4 ounce bottle, and I fill it 1/3 full with the caster oil, 2/3 full with sweet almond oil and then add my essentials oil to suit me.  My current favorite is about 10 drops of tangerine, 4 or 5 drops of clary sage and 1 drop of lemongrass.    Very clean and fresh smell!

I order most of my oils from Mountain Rose.  I love their products, and they have a lot of tips on using essential oils as well.  If you follow them on Pinterest, they are always adding tips, recipes, and ideas.

Have you tried the oil cleansing method?  Does it work for you?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...