Friday, December 31

Lucy Ladybug


I got a great Christmas present this year....a spinning wheel!  I've had one on my wish list for a couple of years now, but everything fell into place and here she is....Lucy.

She actually came a few days before Christmas, but my orders were no spinning until Christmas.  I could practice treadling (which I did) but that was all.  I'm totally smitten. 

I did a lot of research online about different wheels.  I'd narrowed it down to an Ashford Joy, then the Schacht Ladybug caught my attention.  At first, I wasn't crazy about the red wheel.  But it grew on me.  In the end the Ladybug won out, and I'm sure it was the right decision.  It seems so solid and well made, and well, just darn cute.


Living in Arkansas, there aren't many opportunities to try out spinning wheels.  But I did get to see one in action at the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza at the beginning of December.

And now that I've had a few spins on her...I love her.  Love. her.
Here's to a fiber-y 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...