Thursday, November 10

Casting On: Cinnamon Girl Cardigan


I have cast on my newest WIP, and this is one I've been wanting to make for a while now. It's the Cinnamon Girl by JuJu Vail and Susan Cropper of Loop London.

I love the way this cardigan looks. I can foresee getting a lot of wear out of it, kind of like the recently completed Hitofude. Yay for me. But I'm also excited to knit it. There are several things going on and I think it will be an absorbing knit.


I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to do the moss stitch on the upper body, or change it to stockinette. I'm very undecided at the moment, but I better make up my mind, since it's a top-down sweater. You start with the little cable-lace band (which is where I'm at) and go from there.

Plus, these two projects have me doing some mulling over which version to make: The blousier version by Facile Cecile, or this straighter version by Millsington. It appears most people have made the blousier version, although it's hard to tell sometimes, and not many people have noted which version they made in their notes.

Anyway, I'm making mine out of Sojourn Sport in the Cloud Burst colorway. I think the gray will be very versatile, since it goes with everything I own. It's in my newest project bag, which I love, from ZigZagStitches on Etsy.  It's actually a shawl-size bag, but it holds my yarn, pattern and book perfectly.

Hopefully, this will begin a trend of knitting some sweaters that I've had in my queue for some time!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...