Wednesday, June 29

New and Discontinued Yarns


I've got a couple of new yarns in the works. I'm busy testing them out and dyeing up samples. One is a new sock yarn that I'm very excited about, and the other is a replacement for a yarn that my distributor has tragically discontinued.

It pains me to say it, but Arbor has been discontinued and I can't get anymore. I'm still broken-hearted about this...it was my personal favorite. I adored the structure of it, and it created a beautiful fabric with a lovely halo. It always dyed up beautifully, too. I've got a small amount of stock left, and to be honest...I'm still debating on whether to put it in the shop or keep it in my personal stash.



The good news is that there's a DK weight version of Arbor still available through my distributor. It has the same lovely halo and soft twist, but in a 3 ply. The picture at the top is a sample of it.

The new sock yarn is a merino/mohair/nylon blend that I'm in love with. Some of Jimmy's favorite socks were knit with Mountain Colors Bearfoot, which has mohair in it. And even though he has worn the crap out of those socks, they are still going strong. So, I've been on the lookout for a sock yarn with mohair...and I think I've found it.

I do have another fingering weight yarn I'm testing out, since I'm apparently drawn to some kind of "natural/rustic yet luxurious" sock weight yarn.

All of these will be showing up in the fall, just in time for serious knitting season:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...