Saturday, May 4

Timeless Moments



"A sketchbook can transform a moment in time into a timeless moment." - Nick Meglin

I love this quote from the author of Drawing From Within, one of my favorite books about drawing.  In fact, I'll be doing a little review of this book in a couple of weeks, so check back for that!

I love to look back through my sketchbooks and see what I was doing / thinking about / focusing on during a particular time.  When I look at a page in my sketchbook, I can always remember what I was thinking, or feeling when I was drawing.

I love how drawing slows you down, makes you notice what you're doing.  I kind of feel bad for people who don't keep a sketchbook, because they don't have that :)

Do you keep a sketchbook?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...