Wednesday, October 26

Sketchbook Series


Tomorrow's shop update will include a new series of hand dyed yarns that I'm calling the Sketchbook Series. These are handpainted colorways that are directly inspired from my sketchbooks and watercolor sketches.

One of the great things about yarn dyes is they behave a lot like watercolors, in that they are transparent or semi-transparent colors that you can layer and mix. I get quite a few ideas from playing with my watercolors and drawing in my sketchbook, so it seemed appropriate to have a special series of colors directly inspired from them.

We're starting with 3 colors, but I'll be adding more in the months to come!

The colorway shown is Sketchbook - sort of the namesake of the series - inspired by my many, many pages of sketches in pencil, black ink, sepia and payne's gray watercolor washes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...