Friday, October 30

Rhinebeck 2015



We went to Rhinebeck!

This was my first time attending the NY Sheep & Wool Festival, and boy, it was crowded! We got to the fairgrounds about 15 minutes before opening on Saturday and joined a long line of knitters and spinners patiently waiting for the gates to open.

I don't think we could have ordered a more perfect day. It was cold, crisp and sunshine-y. Perfect fiber festival weather!

We sampled some fair food (apple cider donuts & maple cotton candy), took lots of pictures of sheep,  saw lots and LOTS of hand knits, and bought just a few things:



I got a needle keeper for my interchangeable circular needles from CrippenWorks. Jimmy got a drop spindle from Jonathan Bosworth (it's curly maple), and I bought one little skein of yarn from North Light Fibers. It's a cashmere/merino blend and it's super soft.

After a few days in the Hudson Valley, we were moving on to Vermont & New Hampshire. I'll share a little about that next week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...