Thursday, March 26

DFW Fiber Fest Recap


Wow, what a weekend! We had a terrific time at DFW Fiber Fest in Irving, Texas, and I pretty much call the whole weekend a rousing success. We met lots and lots of knitters and spinners, podcasters, indie dyers and designers. 

We had a 10' x 10' booth this time, and if there was one thing I would change for next year, that would be it. I will definitely plan to move up to a double booth. You can only fit so many people in such a small space! 

The entire staff at DFW was fabulous, and it was obvious how much hard work they put into making this such a great event. They deserve a huge round of applause for their efforts. 

We didn't get to hear either speaker (Stephanie Pearl-McPhee or Franklin Habit), but I heard they were both terrific. No surprise there. As a matter of fact, I didn't get to do much of anything except sell yarn and fiber:)  I'm a little stunned that I didn't even buy one skein of yarn(!). But by the time Sunday afternoon rolled around and it was a little quieter, I was too tired to look!

I did buy a few wooden buttons...my only purchase!


And now I'm going to take a couple of slow weeks and enjoy the fast approaching spring. And do a little knitting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...