Monday, October 7

Socktober

I almost always have at least one pair of socks on the needles, usually two or three.  I try to always keep a simple sock with me in my purse.  I've found that not having something to knit in my bag is the surest way to end up waiting or stuck somewhere!

I finished these socks (below) a month or so ago, but didn't blog about them.  This is Alice Yu's Shur'tugal pattern.  I knit it in Knit Picks Stroll in the Gold colorway.  I've always loved this stitch pattern.  I like it so much, I made fingerless mitts out of this stitch pattern.


I knit this pair for Jimmy in Mountain Colors Bearfoot in the Harmony Woods colorway.  He loves this yarn (I think it's the mohair), so I'll be buying more Bearfoot in the future.  The heels and toes are Madeline Tosh Sock, so they are nice socks.  He's already worn them a few times, as you can tell in the photo:



Are you a sock knitter?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...