Monday, December 17

A Simple Christmas : Decorations


I find the older I get, the less I want to "fuss" with special decorations.  I know folks who pull out decorations and knick knacks for every conceivable occasion : Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Fourth of July, etc.  I've never been one of those people, so I don't have a massive amount of stuff hidden away for various holidays and seasons.

I have a couple of small boxes of autumnal decorations, and six large boxes of Christmas decorations.  And we're working on getting that number down a bit.  I began collecting blown glass ornaments & vintage ornaments about 18 years ago, so I've got a good collection, and that's what we use each year.  They're like old friends who come to visit once a year.

But this is the time of year I always get a little itch to make decorations and gift tags and such.  Nowadays that usually means something knitted or embroidered, or some watercolor gift tags, but in the past I've made floral nosegays, painted ceramic ornaments, wired & glittered pinecones, make countless bows, cut up scrapbook paper and who know what else!  So, if you're in the mood for a little crafting, the internet is full of great ideas, big and small.  Here are a few that I've enjoyed :

Wild Olive : I Saw Three Ships Ornament Pattern

Alisha Burke : Handpainted Gift Tag Download

Abigail Halpin : Gift Tags

How About Orange : DIY Geometric Christmas Tree Card

Lemon Squeezy : Gift Card or Cash Holder Printable

We Love to Illustrate : Paper Gingerbread House Printables

and here's a little something from me : a simple little snowflake to cross stitch


Simple Snowflake : Click on the image and save to your computer
You've probably got your tree and house decorated for this year, but you can tuck these ideas away for
next year (like a couple I've got my eye on)!

Do you like to do crafty things around the holidays?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I will definately keep the snowflake in mind for a project - I like cross-stitch and it is something I hope to devote more time to this coming year! I might even manage to get some done over the festive holidays. I find that most years when the festive period comes round I just love to do lots of little quick projects even after the mad rush of getting all the gifts sorted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...I'm hoping to do more cross stitch in the coming year as well. I think all the hustle and bustle of the holidays just stirs my creative juices! Although, the quiet of January is great, too.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...