Monday, November 12

Acquisitions



During our little trip to NW Arkansas, I made one yarn related stop.  ( I would've made another, but the shop was closed.)  I had a delightful visit to Mockingbird Moon in Bentonville.  And sure enough, I acquired yarn :

The shop owner was lovely and friendly, and they had a nice selection of yarns - several of which I'd never seen in person.  One was Spud & Chloe, and I purchased a couple skeins of their Fine Sock...it's the purple yarn in the photo above.  Another was Imperial Yarn from Imperial Stock Ranch, which I resisted.  But I love that it's made in the US.

Other purchases were Dream in Color Smooshy with Cashmere (that's the beautiful, vibrant green),
Classic Elite Vail, which I couldn't stop petting.  It comes in 8 natural colors and boy, was it hard to decide.   I would've loved to grab one of each color, but I chose Sand, which I'm pretty sure is destined to be a lace cowl.  And a few skeins of Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport - one of my favorite yarns.  

All in all, I was pretty restrained.  I have plans for everything I purchased, which makes me happy.  I won't be going to the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza this year, so this is probably my last yarn purchase for the year.  We're saving all our pennies for our big trip to New England next spring....and there will definitely be yarn purchased on that trip!

Do you buy yarn on vacation?



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...