Monday, October 1

Happy (S)October!


In case you can't tell, I love October.  It's my favorite month of the year.  I love everything about autumn : the cooler weather, the leaves, the apples, hot cider and cool evenings, the bright sky and so on.

And October 1st means it's officially "Socktoberfest."  I've never actually officially celebrated Socktoberfest...even though I know I've made socks in October before.  But this year it seems the timing is good.  I've got a new sock pattern that'll be released this month, and I'm knitting away on a couple of other socks.  So, to start your needles clicking - here are a few links to inspire your very own Socktoberfest celebration :

Knitty Socks
The online knitting magazine, Knitty, has published more than a few sock patterns over it's 10 years.  (Happy 10th Anniversary to them, by the way!)  If you are looking for simple, complex, elegant, novelty, or anything in between...you'll find plenty of choices here.

Twist Collective
The gorgeous online magazine has it's share of beautiful sock patterns, from a star-studded list of sock designers.

Knitting to Stay Sane
Glenna-C has designed some lovely socks.  If you're a fan of twisted stitches (like me) you'll enjoy choosing from her sock patterns.  Scroll down a little bit to get to the sock category.

Through the Loops
Kirsten Kapur is a prolific designer, and she's got some gorgeous socks.

October House
Okay, this one is a bit of shameless self-promotion.  My own sock patterns (which are wonderfully simple, yet deliciously addictive).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...