Wednesday, July 11

Cooking Books


I love a good cookbook.  But I really love "cooking" books.  You know, those books that really make you want to get in the kitchen and make something.

I've had good success in finding good books at flea markets and antique malls.  Sometimes the time has to be right for a cookbook, if you know what I mean.  Sometimes, the place I'm at in my life, the mood I'm in and the cookbook I find are all in perfect alignment.  That's usually when I find a new favorite.  One you just want to live in.

And not too long ago, I found the two gems shown above.  The first is, of course, Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking.  A classic for sure.  I have 2 other Julia Child cookbooks, and I use them.  I learned to make puff pastry using her book The Way to Cook.  So when I saw this staring at me from a shelf, I grabbed it.

The other is a cookbook from The Trellis in Williamsburg, Virginia.  We took a couple of trips there over the past few years and we loved eating at The Trellis.  It's a wonderful restaurant.  We often say to each other when asked "Where do you want to eat?" .....The Trellis.  So I'm anxious to dig into this book and try some of the recipes.  They are arranged seasonally, which I like.  It's good to eat with the seasons.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...