Wednesday, June 6

Crochet = Summer


For some strange reason, I always think of crochet as a summer thing.  Or at least, a warm weather thing.  Maybe it's because I usually make cotton dishcloths and washcloths in crochet.  And it seems fast...really fast compared to knitting.  Boom, bam...a few yarn overs and pull the yarn through...and you've got a potholder at the very least.  Zoom!  Perfect for a quick summer project.

My knitting mojo has left me now that hot weather is here.  This usually happens every year, but it happened earlier than usual this year.  (Maybe because we had no real winter, and spring was just a "blink" and onto H.O.T.)

So, I've dug out the crochet hooks and I'm playing with the cotton yarn.  I like cotton yarn.  I know a lot of people don't like knitting with it, but I don't mind.  Again, that could be because handling wool in June in Arkansas is not.fun.

I playing with a hexagon shape...I'd like to make a small throw to coordinate with this quilt:


I made this quilt several years ago...and it's still one of my favorites.  It's a small lap size and we use it all the time.  I hand quilted the circles in the middle of each square, but then I machine quilted in the ditch around all the large squares and diamonds.  Then I used perle cotton to quilt a line around the border.  It was fun to do!  This was one of those times when I had a vision in my head of what I wanted the quilt to look like and it came out exactly like my vision.  Exactly.

I love it when that happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...