Friday, April 13

Part 2 : The Organized Woman's Guide - Get Some Energy

Get Some Energy
(Or whatever you want to find more time to do.)

This series is about discovering time you already have that maybe you just aren't using as wisely as you could.  I decided to do this series because I've learned some things that work for me, some things I'd like to improve upon, and some things I still need to learn!

Whether you want more knitting time, or time to spin, crochet, paint, or read.  There are sure to be some tips and techniques you can use for better time management.




Exercise

Knitting is a mostly sedentary activity (Unfortunately!  Oh, how I wish it burned mega-calories).  Same goes for Spinning.  While relaxation and rest are essential for health, it's oh-so-easy to overdo on that one!

This may be one you have to look at as a more long-term benefit.  Adding years to your life and your knitting time, but it's an important point.

So you have to decide to get some movement into each day apart from your knitting time.  Of course, the bonus is that you'll have a clearer head, fitter body and re-charged brain ready for some creativity. 

So keep your energy up with good nutrition and exercise.  How do you do that?  The best way is to have a plan.  For me, my workout time is almost "chiseled in stone".  There is no pushing it back, putting it off, sloughing it off, etc.  If I'm breathing and ambulatory, and it's a work out day, I'll be working out.  Done.  Decision made.

The bonus is I find my creativity and "right brain" really get a re-charge from regular exercise.  Have you ever noticed that when you're focused on body movement, it leaves the brain open for new ideas, inspiration and creativity.  It just seems to come bubbling to the surface.  I love that!  Motion is essential for life, and for life extension, so don't forget to move a little each day.

Snacking

Again, have a plan.  This one involves a little more thought, but still easy enough to prepare for.

If I'm at work, I've brought a few snacks with me to get me through a few days. 
I find if I bring a container full of carrots, almonds, maybe some raisins or an apple or two, then it's much easier for me to focus on healthy snacks and keep my hand out of the chocolate bowl!

Healthy Snack Ideas:

Fresh fruit and veggies are always a good choice.  They are portable, satisfying and full of good nutrition.

  • Have an apple, pear, banana, grapes, a bowl of berries, some melon chunks or pineapple.
  • Veggies could be carrots, celery, bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, green beans or broccoli florets.

Nuts and dried fruits

You can always have a selection of nuts and dried fruits around.  They are nutrient dense, so keep the portions small.

  • Almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts, pecans.
  • Raisins, cranberries, papaya and pineapple chunks, apricots, blueberries, apple slices, banana chips.

You can also include smoothies, whole grain crackers or bread, cheeses and yes, a little dark chocolate in your list of good, healthy snacks.  

The end result is you feel good, full of energy and full of creativity.  And you can really enjoy your knitting time!


Next up :  Projects & Clutter Control

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...