Monday, February 6

Spinning Goals


I've made a list of goals for 2012.  This is a new thing for me.  Usually, I just say a couple of offhand things and then promptly forget about them.  But this year, I'm ready to move forward.  And that means getting serious about a few things.

One of my goals for 2012 is to spin 4 ounces each month.  Since this (below, 4 ounces of merino/silk) was on my wheel for oh, I don't know, about 5 months, this would definitely be a step up in the spinning production.

Of course, that means I need fiber to spin (poor me).  I was greatly helped in that department at the Arkansas Fiber Arts Extravaganza this past December.  It was held right here in Hot Springs this year.  So, what's a girl to do, except dive in?

Lovely purchases included:
From Lewbug Creations, a bump of beautiful merino in wine colors and 1 oz. of rayon bamboo:
(this is currently on the wheel for February)


Also, from Lewbug, this rayon bamboo in green/cream/beiges:

There were some batts in greens and blues:


Several things in gray - beautiful alpaca roving (below), Gotlund wool locks, and Wensleydale locks.

Plus some polwarth roving and even some quiviut!  Needless to say, stuff to work on.  So the plan is to bag up my own "spinning club of the month" and spin away each month.  Focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...